Why are regular eye tests important?
Eye tests are our primary service. It is extremely important to have regular eye examinations to ensure your eyesight is best protected, whether you think you need glasses or not.
Many changes to eye health take place gradually and often go unnoticed or without obvious symptoms.
We recommend routine eye tests at least every 2 years, however if you have a family history of glaucoma, under 16 years of age or over 70 years of age, or if you suffer with Diabetes we recommend an eye examination annually.
What You Can Expect From a Routine Eye Test
Our eye examinations are thorough and we allow 45 minutes. We will do more than just determine your spectacle prescription. To assess both your vision and the health of your eyes we will carry out:
- A full patient history and symptoms to establish your specific requirements for your lifestyle
- Vision tests to review your sight capabilities and measure your prescription
- Eye movement tests to check eye muscle conditions
- Eye health tests to check for early signs of disease, high blood pressure or diabetes
- Digital retinal photography
- Look for ocular signs of general health problems
The extra time we spend allows us to give better advise and recommendations based on your lifestyle.
|Monday||9:00am to 5:30pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am to 5:30pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am to 5:30pm|
|Thursday||9:00am to 5:30pm|
|Friday||9:00am to 5:30pm|
|Saturday||9:00am to 1:00pm|
Roger Fisher Opticians
29 Stockport Road
0161 427 1319